I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few years ago, but they did a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy to hopefully help, but it didn’t seem to do anything. Now a few years later things have gotten quite a lot worse. It may be due to sleep apnea worsening, or it might not be, we don’t know.

I was supposed to have an at-home sleep study, but insurance denied it, and we tried to appeal, but that didn’t seem to work. Now the soonest they can get me in for an in-lab study is July 29th. I can’t wait that long. I’m sleeping 15 hrs a night, waking up during the night multiple times, or not sleeping at all during the night and getting a maximum of 6 hrs. I can’t keep doing this.

As a result of horrible sleep, I have debilitating fatigue, nausea, migraines, and a ton of other symptoms. I don’t know what to do. I feel so defeated.

Should I just order a CPAP from a reputable site and try it, despite no insurance help? I know the exact mask and machine I want. If I get a mask and machine, it would be the AirTouch F20 for Her for the mask, and the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her machine. The website I plan on buying from is cpap.com, and they say that they offer 30-day returns and refunds.

Should I try getting the mask and machine? Is there any way for me to plead that they move the study up? Thank you!

submitted by /u/aulei
[link] [comments]

Skip to content