It’s just for an English class, not a subject that was specifically assigned to me; Something I wanted to write about so I have a reason to do the in-depth research for my own clarity. I personally don’t have it, a loved one does, but these are questions they can’t answer and I’m curious.
Anyhoo, the professor has asked us to interview someone to get outside perspective, submit the questions/answers as part of our assignment. I want to learn more about the patient’s experience, I hope it’s okay to post this here. If you’re up for responding, do it in the comments or message, whatever floats your boat! Thank you for your time!
- How long have you had Sleep Apnea?
- Prior to being diagnosed, what were some of your biggest challenges?
- What method/s of treatment have you tried and do you feel they have worked?
- Did you drink alcohol regularly prior to being diagnosed? If so, do you still drink it regularly and how does it affect treatment if using APAP/CPAP/BiPAP?
- If you accidentally fall asleep without being “plugged in”, how does it affect your day? Is it worse than before diagnosis? How long until you feel rested again?
- Have you been diagnosed with any medical conditions prior to being diagnosed with your sleep apnea? If so, have you been able to reduce or stop any medications since then?