Dear sleep apnea community,
I am in between masks and looking for recommendations.
Lately, I haven’t been using my machine (because I’m unhappy with the mask situation) and that, combined with the current … atmosphere .. has caused more sleep disturbances than usual.
So far, I’ve tried a full face mask as well as nasal pillows:
Full face mask: So far I have tried Fisher & Paykel Cushion for Simplus Full Face CPAP Mask
- It gives me a nice relaxing feeling, I put it on and I feel like I’m settled in for the night
- I think it really improves the quality of my sleep
- It causes my nose to break out in blackheads / acne. I know it’s vain but I’m already sensitive about my big nose due to my adolescent years and the blackheads do not help the situation
- Every morning, it is covered in mucous so it requires that I wash it every day
- It doesn’t cause my face to break out
- Even with the chin strap, I feel like I am suffocating and not getting enough airflow.
Note: I have a big face and an especially big nose.